Wednesday, June 3, 2009

False Alarm AGAIN

I woke up around 4 this morning to this horrible cramping on my right side. I had back pain with it and pain shooting down my right leg. I thought that I had ate something bad and that I would need to go to the bathroom. So I got up and moved around, pain was still there. Went downstairs to drink a glass of water thinking that would do the trick but it didn't. So I started counting my braxton hick contractions. They were coming every 7-10 minutes and lasting anywhere from 30-50 seconds. 5:00 rolls around and I go back to bed and tried to sleep; pain was still there. Finally at 5:30 I called the on-call doctor and she recommended that I go to the birthing center and have me checked out. Steve was already up with me and I got ready. Afterward I decided to sleep on my side again to see if the pain would subside. Around 8:30 I called my doctor's office and explain to them the situation. I didn't feel right just going to the birthing center knowing that I was not in active labor yet. I went to my doctor's office and they did a stress test on me. It confirmed that I was having more steady contractions and that Kathryn is still doing just fine. The doctor did an exam on me and I have not dilated as of yet. The last time I had this done they gave me a shot. They didn't this time around because I'm so close to full term; they are letting me ride this course of the contractions. The doctor suggested that I just lay low for another week and a half. I'm trying..... :)

Kathryn is just very anxious to meet everyone. I'm anxious to meet her! During the course of the day I'm still having the contractions with a little bit of pain but not as bad as this morning. We'll see how I do at work tomorrow. :)