Monday, January 19, 2009

Doctors Appointments

Raymont and I had the day off today because it is Martin Luther King Jr day. We didn't get a chance to sleep in though. Right at 8:00am Raymont had his orthodontist appointment. They changed his braces out, he now has a cool silver color set of braces. What would normally have taken a 15 min appt ended up being an hour. Luckily I was able to move up my appt from 9:00 to 9:45am.



After his appt we headed straight down to my doctor's office. Today was my 16 week checkup. They performed an ultrasound on me just to make sure that everything was good "down there." A few years ago I was diagnosed with cervical cancer. They had to perform a procedure on me which removed part of my cervix. When we found out we were pregnant I spoke to my doctor about this. They call this an incompetent cervix and it may cause 2nd trimester miscarriage or premature labor if not treated beforehand. My doctor said that it was too early to do testing and that we would have to wait until I was further along. Well this appt was to clarify that I wouldn't need any additional surgery. Everything turned out okay "down there." My doctor said that there should be no problems going forward in terms of premature labor/miscarriage. Whew what a relief!!



Since it was ultrasound day they were nice enough to check on the baby! Here is the picture of the little one:

It was doing somersaults in my tummy during the ultrasound. If you can try to make it out, the head is on the bottom and you can see the full body with it's leg in the air and you can see the arm in the middle. The two other images didn't quite show the baby off like this one did. Heartbeat went down from 170 bpm to 152 bpm. My doctor has informed me that I should eat a little bit more because since I became pregnant I have only gained 6 pounds. Feels like I've been eating a ton though especially now that my morning sickness has subsided. And I've been eating every 2-4 hrs when possible.

February 10th is the big day when we get to find out what the sex of the baby is! We are so excited. The ultrasound tech could have told me today but I know Steve wants to be there when they tell us. We can't wait!!

After my long appt Raymont and I ran a few errands and spent the rest of the day at home. I had tons of laundry to do and some housecleaning. Of course I sneaked in a nap. :)