Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Off To Grandma's House We Go

This has been an unbearable few days with today's temp way over 100 degrees. Raymont, Kathryn and I have been sleeping downstairs. It's the only place we can get comfortable. Today we headed over to Mom's house as they have central air conditioning! It was so nice when we got there even though it was only for a couple of hours. I chatted with Mom and Angela; they along with Madeleine just got back from Chicago. It was good to hear that they had a good time, especially Madeleine meeting her 2nd cousins for the first time.
When Madeleine woke up I was feeding Kathryn and she came over and gave Kathryn a bunch of kisses from her head to her toes. It was so cute! I didn't have my camera, it would have made a kodak moment!
For the most part Kathryn is in diapers. I bathe her about twice a day. I wrap a blanket around her when she's feeding so we don't stick to each other. I do swaddle her at night so she's not chilled in the morning (and since we have a fan on full blast.) We're going to look into buying an air conditioner as who knows what kind of heat August will bring!