
The two pictures above were taken at the hospital the day after Kathryn was born. Since then the swelling has gone down, she is more of an ivory color and her hair is turning into light brown. Her eyes are still of a grey color. It is so amazing to see pictures of when she was first born till now. Amazing how much they change within two weeks. We've had quite a bit of activity going on around the house since my last entry. On Sunday Angela, Jeff, and Madeleine came over to our place for dinner. They brought over some yummy pasta and we had meat that we placed in a crock pot. Dinner was delicious and this was the first time that Jeff has seen Kathryn.
On Monday I took Kathryn to the doctor because of a really bad diaper rash and to talk to the doctor about her bowel movements. Kathryn weighed 9 lbs at the time of the appt. Doctor prescribed a cream that I had to special order through my pharmacist. Since then the diaper rash is gone. We had to switch Kathryn from Similac Advance to Isomil Soymilk because of her bowel movements. She hates the taste of soy and it didn't agree with her tummy. Right now we're using Enfamil Nutrimagin. She seems to be handling that very well. We'll try in a couple of months to put her back on the regular Enfamil. It may have been too strong for her still developed body. I'm still breastfeeding. I'm still only pumping out about an ounce to 2 oz each time. I breastfeed her during the day followed by a 2oz bottle of formula. Then at night I mix the formula and breastmilk and bottle feed her. Afterward I stay up an extra half hour to pump.
My parents and brother Marc came over for a short while. I had a migraine at 2 in the morning and it stayed on for a few days. Since I'm breastfeeding I couldn't take Excedrin that would normally knock it out like that. Instead I had to improvise and use Ibuprofin which didn't help a whole lot.
On Wednesday I had to cook breakfast for Raymont and I. Normally Steve would cook something for us to eat but he didn't have time this day because of a meeting. I had Raymont help me by feeding her while I cooked so we could both eat at a decent time. Such a cute picture. Kuya Raymont has been a big help! Mom Schroeder came by too and dropped off dinner for us. She made us salad, rolls and Shepherd's pie. It was delicious. She stayed awhile and we chatted. It was very nice of her to do that and it was such a big help. Not having to worry about what to cook and eating dinner at a reasonable time.

On Thursday I decided to take Kathryn out for a little walk around our neighborhood in her stroller. We walked around the neighborhood for about a good half hour. It felt so nice to go out and just enjoy the weather. Took away the cabin fever too! Of course I ended up paying for it in the end. I may have overdone it as my pelvic area was so sore and tender. It felt like I delivered again!
I have this superstition of not going out in public until Kathryn is at least a month old. So for now it's to families houses, doctor's appointments or staying at home is what we do for leisure.

On Friday my brother PJ came over and hung out with me the whole day and helped me out while I got some stuff around the house done! It was nice to have clean clothes. :) We spent most of the time downstairs since it was so hot! It read about 95 on our thermometer outside. Here are some pictures I took of her yesterday....

On Friday my brother PJ came over and hung out with me the whole day and helped me out while I got some stuff around the house done! It was nice to have clean clothes. :) We spent most of the time downstairs since it was so hot! It read about 95 on our thermometer outside. Here are some pictures I took of her yesterday....

