Thursday, May 21, 2009

Prenatal Appointment

I had my doctor's appointment today. My original OB/GYN left the practice (I'm not sure what happened) but the doctor that has helped me the past few appointments is my new doctor. She is really great, real easy to talk to about stuff. I feel more comfortable with my new doctor than my previous one. Anyway she thinks that Kathryn will be born around 37 weeks instead of the original 40 weeks since my cervix is effacing. Which means that the estimated date for Kathryn will be June 13th rather than July 4th. Now she has advised me in the meantime not to do too much walking or overexterting myself and not get too stressed out in the next three weeks. If I don't go into labor around the 37th week my doctor says it's okay, they are not going to induce me, they'll just let the course go naturally. But she really doesn't think that I'll have too much longer.

In the meantime she wrote me a note to advise work that I should be on light work duty until delivery. When she gave me the note I asked her if she remembers where I worked and she said yes. I replied back with "there is no such thing as light work duty in Social Security!" She had a kick out of that one!