Sunday, May 3, 2009

Filipino Night

Today I attended Filipino Night at UW. This year was a play about young love and how far you will go for the one you love. They also added how love plays with the filipino culture in the traditional sense and filipino-american sense. I remember attending UW and being part of the Filipino American Student Association and planning, rehearsing for Filipino Night. It can be various things such as a talent contest, plays, poetry, singing. I was part of it for 3 years and performed all three years singing (not solo, I was part of a group), then I attended when PJ was part of FASA and he was in a couple of plays and now Marc who has been doing it for 5 years. This year not only was he in the play but he was a co-producer. I'm very proud of him. They did an excellent job this year.