Sunday, February 15, 2009

Newport Bay

After a good nights worth of sleep we were refreshed to start the day today. Raymont is feeling much better. After we got home last night I made Raymont take a shower and I lathered him up by putting Vicks Vapor Rub on his feet and placed socks on. My co-workers and friends swear this helps with a cold so this is my first time trying it on him. He hates wearing socks to bed but I told him if he wanted to get better, he needed to keep them on. I also rubbed Vicks on his chest. I only heard him cough a couple of times but other than that he slept through till 9:00. And no fever. Thank goodness. :)

Since low tide was around 10:30am, Steve and Dad left around 9:15 and headed to the caves in search of Agate rocks. Normally Raymont goes along with them. It's something the three of them do when we come to the coast. Male bonding. But Raymont stayed behind with me and Mom. We had breakfast with mom and talked for a good couple of hours while Raymont played with his cars and watched TV.

By 11:00 the boys were back. We got ready and headed to Newport Bay which is about a half hour south of Lincoln City. We rode with mom and dad there. When we got there we decided to have lunch first and then walk around the bay. We got to see sea lions while we were there. They were basking in the sun:


It was a beautiful day today too. You wouldn't think it was winter here. It was sunny and in the 50's. What a great day to be out and about.

Afterward we went to the wax museum and I took a picture of Raymont and Steve with Johnny Depp; looked pretty real from the picture:


After walking the bay we decided to drive around Newport and headed to the oceanfront. There were a lot of people walking the beach looking the scenery. I had Dad take a picture of us overlooking the ocean:
When we got back to the motel, Steve, Dad, and Raymont went to the beach to play with his Red Ryder bebe gun he got from Santa for Christmas. Steve says that Raymont shoots good. Something about guns though still makes me nervous to watch them. So while they were doing that I was in the room reading and relaxing. Afterward Steve and I went to the outlet mall while Raymont stayed behind with grandma and grandpa. Steve got a couple of pairs of new shoes while I exchanged some of the baby clothes I bought for a bigger size. There wasn't that many people there this time around which was nice.

For dinner we met up with Mom, Dad and Raymont at Kylios which is on the beach. We enjoyed ourselves and took our time to eat and mingle during dinner. It was really nice. One of our dinner topics was the spelling of our baby's name. Steve and I decided that Raymont can choose the spelling of the name. Raymont chose Kathryn over Katherine. Now it's just a matter of picking colors and a theme for Kathryn. Something of course I'll be in charge of. :)