We started our trip to the Grand Canyon Thursday morning. We left a little before 6:00am to start our trek up there. We stopped for breakfast in Flagstaff. I fell asleep on and off in the car and when I woke, I found snow everywhere. Luckily we packed our ski jackets for the trip. They said it would be cold but snow? It was unbelievable. Flagstaff is about two hours from Scottsdale. From here we would have another two hours before we reached the Grand Canyon. When we got to the Grand Canyon, we checked into our hotel and then headed out to the Canyon.
As you can see from the picture there is snow up here. Wasn't as much as what I saw in Flagstaff but it was around and it was cold.
It is so beautiful to see this. This is I believe one of the seven wonders of the world and if you got to see it in person you can see why. The pictures don't captivate the wonders of the Canyon. It was truly amazing to see this for miles and miles on end! And it all started with just a river. It took my breath away.
Here is a picture of Ray and I overlooking one of the many Canyons. As you can see we were bundled up.
Here is a picture of the three of us overlooking the Canyon. As you can see on the ground, we are stepping on snow. I got over protected with Raymont since the snow is so slick, I was afraid that he would fall over.
Here is a picture of Steve with Grandpa Jim. It was nice of Grandpa Jim and Arlene to take us to see the Grand Canyon.It was from this trip that I knew I was coming down with something. When we arrived to Scottsdale I had a sore throat. Now it has turned into a full blown head cold. I didn't sleep very well on this trip because of my cold. And of course with me being pregnant it's hard to take the medicines that I'm use to taking for a cold. The elevation in the Grand Canyon is about 7000 feet above sea level, so not only was this cold hard but I had a hard time breathing because the air is so thin.
Now we're back home and I'm getting ready to take some Tylenol cold and hopefully feel better tomorrow. We have a day packed of good stuff tomorrow.