
We finally got our ultrasound done today and got to see our beautiful baby! It didn't take long for the ultrasound tech to see that we are having a GIRL! We are sooo excited. Steve was there along with Mom Kathy and it was a teary eye moment! We are going to name her Kathryn Irene Schroeder after both of our grandmothers because they were close to us. I don't know yet if we're going to use the spelling Katherine or Kathryn quite yet. Steve likes the "rine" where I like "ryn". After the ultrasound the doctor saw me and told me that the baby looked normal from the pictures and very healthy. The heartbeat is at 156 bpm and she weighs 13 ounces. We got to see her spine, her brain and the chambers of her heart. The baby is measuring right on target 19W6D which is correct since tomorrow will be my 20 weeks. We are very grateful to know we have a healthy baby growing inside.
After the appointment I called Raymont at his grandparents place. They had a half day today due to parent-teacher conferences. I told him he was having a baby sister. Didn't sound too enthused (he really wanted a brother) but he said he's okay with a baby sister. Little does he know he's going to have a big job ahead of him especially when she becomes a teenager. :)
My family is very ecstatic that we're having a baby girl in the family. It was just me growing up with my bros PJ and Marc so to have a girl in the mix is great! We can't wait!!
Now comes the fun part.....SHOPPING FOR THE BABY GIRL! Which is exactly what I plan to do this weekend!