Friday, September 4, 2009

2 Months Old

I can't believe Kathryn is 2 months old! She had her doctor's appt. today. My mom accompanied me since I knew that she was going to get her shots.

When we were there, they checked her height, weight, and head circumfrence. Her height right now is 23 1/2 inches (90th percentile), weight is 13 lbs 1 oz (she lost 3 oz since her appt on Tuesday but she is still in the 95th percentile) and her head circumfrence is 15 inches (50th percentile). Since my last appt. on Tuesday I told the doctor that she is still spitting up quite a bit even with the Zantac. I expressed my concerns that Kathryn finds a way to spit the medicine up when I give it to her. So the doctor wants us to try mixing actual rice cereal that she would normally eat at 6 months with her formula. At least a TBSP to TBSP and a half at each feeding and see how she works with that.

Kathryn had 3 vaccine shots today along with an oral medication. My poor baby she was cooing and gurgling while the nurse was preparing her for the shots. Once she did them, my baby's face went from a smile to beet red and wailing! Luckily I gave her some Tylenol before the shots so once we left the doctor's office, she fell asleep.

Afterward my mom and I had lunch at Olive Garden. I was so appreciative of her helping me with Kathryn today especially when I had to go to the store and buy more formula and cereal. These pictures I took of Kathryn was after her shots. You can tell she was in a poopy mood! :)