Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Formula Vent!!

I have had it with trying different types of formula for Kathryn!! The formula they wanted us to try that has the added rice starch has been giving us and poor Kathryn anything but relief! Over the weekend was just horrible. On Saturday she was cranky and who could blame her. Everytime I gave the bottle, she just wouldn't drink it. She didn't sleep very well Saturday night.

Then Sunday was just more of the same. This time though she slept for maybe 3 half hour naps and spent the rest of the day just cranky, irritated and tired. She cried for the majority of the day. She even cried while giving her a bath and she loves her baths! Steve and I were so overwhelmed we couldn't get anything done! It was difficult just to eat lunch and dinner.

She was so exhausted that when we finally put her down for bed at 9:45 she didn't wake up until 5:00 am yesterday morning! Poor baby!!

I am going to stick with the Similac Sensitive. If she throws up then she throws up. At this point as long as I know she is gaining weight and have wet diapers then I'm okay with that. I'm not going to put Kathryn through that ever again!

I spent most of the day yesterday napping when Kathryn napped! So far today it looks a lot better. She's taking her naps for more than a half hour at a time. It looks like we finally got her back to the original schedule. She goes to bed between 8-9pm, wakes up between 2-4am for a feeding, wakes again between 6-7am and finally wakes up to play between 9-10am.