Friday, January 29, 2010

Pierced Ears

Tonight after such a chaotic day, I got Kathryn's ears pierced. She has a strong threshold of pain (hmmm wonder where she gets that from). She cried when I held her tight and the initial poke. Afterward she was a happy baby.
I wanted to have her ears pierced when she was a bit younger but after much talking, Steve and I thought it was better to wait until she was about this age. That way she's still young not to notice that it's there and less of her to tug on it or get it loose.
When I got my ears pierced, I was 2 weeks old! My mom did it herself with a needle and used thread so that it wouldn't come off. I know there are some mothers out there (none that I know of) who say we rob them the right to do what they want with their body and it's wrong to do it. Well I say to each their own...that's why you have yours and I have mine. I'm just thankful that Steve agreed with me and it wasn't hard to make this decision.
I tried to get a better picture of her earrings but she kept looking directly at the camera each time. They are 14K white gold studs and backing. The earring itself is a flower made of crystals. It's flat so she can't try to touch it or pull it out.