Monday, April 20, 2009

What a Scare!

So yesterday while I was shopping with Rina and Stephany, I get a phone call from Rav saying that Raymont's asthma is really bad and the nebulizer treatments are not working. I called the on call doctor and she said that he needs to go to ER. So I met Rav and Raymont and we got Raymont checked in. When they admitted him and checked his vitals we found out that he had a 103 degree fever. Right away they put him in a room and started breathing treatments for him. While they were doing that, the doctor told us that they are going to start an IV, draw some blood and get chest x-rays.

Now in the past when we've had to go to ER for asthma attacks they just give him breathing treatments, monitor him and then release him. I have not had to go through the experience of having all of these tests run on him. I was getting worried because they talked about having him stay overnight. That's how bad he was.

The x-rays came out okay, no infection in the lungs. I don't know the results of the blood work they did. He's breathing a little better today but because of his fever from yesterday he didn't go to school. I couldn't sleep last night. I was awake for what it seems every hour just checking to make sure Raymont was still breathing. How I made it to work this morning I'm still trying to figure out. :)

So today Raymont is hanging out with his dad. His dad was also admitted to ER around the same time Raymont was. Rav has kidney stones. It was pretty weird how Raymont was in one room and his dad was in another room getting treated.

I want to say a big thank you to Rina and Stephany for understanding and coming with me to the ER. They were able to get a ride back home but I felt bad that I had to leave them in the waiting room.