So all last week I've had this really bad pain on the left side of my abdomen. It's to the point that I can't sleep on my left side because it hurts so bad. Not only that but I'm sleeping maybe 3 hours a night since last Sunday. It hasn't been fun. I left work early on Wednesday and didn't go to work on Thursday because the pain was unbearable and with lack of sleep I knew I wouldn't function at work. I went to the doctor which she said it was normal, it is round ligament pain and it'll probably stick around for another couple of weeks (great!). The weekend wasn't much better. If anything I'm now sleeping about 4 hours of night, I gained an hour of sleep! During the night when I can't sleep or toss and turn, Kathryn is awake as well-moving around letting me know that she's up! I wonder if her movement during these times is a pattern of how she'll be once she's born?
It's been so long since I've been pregnant that I forget these things. I don't remember having bad pregnancy pains with Raymont, then again I was only 23 and my body is not the same now as it was 10 years ago. I'm currently at 23 weeks and some people have said that I'm pretty big for only being 5 1/2 months along. A lot of customers that I assist say that I'm big and have even asked if I'm carrying twins. UH NO! I'm only 5'2" and it seems that all the weight that I have gained is my stomach. It's funny though when you hear that. And who knows Kathryn may just be a big baby. I was 8 pounds when I was born, Steve was 8 pounds when he was born. Raymont was only 6 pounds. I guess we'll see next month at my appointment how big Kathryn is.
So in the meantime Steve has made me an appointment to get a prenatal massage this upcoming Thursday. I am looking sooo forward to it!!